By Miriam Tomassini, Vice President, Client Services
& Pratish Pushkar, Director, Analytics
eCommerce has become more important than ever. According to Statista figures, more than 238.1 million people in the US aged 14 years and above will research products online this year. A 2022 Raydiant study on US consumer behavior also reports that 56.6% of survey respondents prefer to shop online rather than in person. That is an approximately 10% jump from 2020’s statistics. As eCommerce becomes increasingly popular, businesses are faced with the challenge of finding new ways to reach and connect with their target audience. That’s where eCommerce marketing comes in.
eCommerce advertising is a critical component of eCommerce marketing. It is the process of promoting and selling products or services online. It includes all types of digital advertising, such as social media advertising, search engine advertising, and display advertising. eCommerce advertising is essential to the success of any eCommerce business, as it helps to increase brand awareness, drive traffic to the website, and generate leads and sales.
The digital landscape is continually evolving, and eCommerce advertising is no exception. Here are some of the latest eCommerce advertising trends that brands should consider.
- Social media advertising: Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are great places to reach your target audience. You can use social media advertising to create engaging content, share product information, and promote your eCommerce business.
- Video advertising: Video ads are becoming increasingly popular, and they are a great way to showcase your products and services. You can create short, engaging videos that highlight the benefits of your products or services.
- Influencer marketing: Influencer marketing is a great way to reach your target audience. You can work with influencers to promote your products or services to their followers.
- Personalization: Consumers expect personalized experiences across all digital channels. Brands are using data and technology to deliver targeted ads that are tailored to the interests and behaviors of individual consumers. Dynamic retargeting is one of the ways brands can connect with audiences on a personal level.
To run successful eCommerce campaigns, brands need to have a plan in place. At CCOM, we have driven eCommerce success for a leading alcohol brand. As compared to industry averages, our display campaigns have seen 24% higher engagement rates, and our sponsored product campaigns have seen 47% higher conversion rates. Some of the ideas that have helped us drive success are:
- Setting clear goals: Knowing clearly what we want to achieve with our campaigns? Do we want to increase sales, drive traffic to the website, or build brand awareness?
- Knowing the target audience: It’s important to know the target audience so we can create messaging and advertising that resonates with them. Who are they? What do they care about? What are their pain points?
- Using high-quality images and videos: Our products are the stars of our eCommerce campaign, so it’s essential to use high-quality images and videos to showcase them.
- Creating a sense of urgency: Creating a sense of urgency has helped us drive more sales. Brands can do this by offering limited-time discounts or promoting products that are running low on stock.
- Measurement and optimization: Frequently measuring the success of the eCommerce campaigns, making optimizations as needed, and using analytics to track the website traffic, sales, and other key metrics have been important for driving high performance campaigns.
Digital marketing agencies like us can help you elevate your eCommerce strategy by providing expertise and guidance. We can help with everything from creating a custom marketing plan and creating compelling Ad creatives to leveraging advanced targeting while executing campaigns and providing valuable insights and data to help you make informed decisions. With the right plan, ideas, and support, you can create a successful eCommerce campaign too that drives traffic, leads, and sales to your eCommerce store.